Departmental HonorsDepartment of African American and African Diaspora Studies
Students on Summer 2020, Fall 2020, or Spring 2021 requirements.
- Independent Research. Six (6) credit hours:
- Honors Project or Thesis. Three (3) credit hours:
- GPA and Hours Requirements.
- Students must have a College GPA of 3.300 or higher to qualify for admission to a Departmental Honors program and to receive Departmental Honors. Units may set a higher College GPA.
- Units establish additional criteria, including admissions procedures, academic performance standards, and whether there are required courses, papers, or projects.
- Students who wish to earn honors in two different units must complete a distinct body of work for each honors notation.