The minor requires at least 15 credit hours*, including the requirements listed below.
- Electives. 15 credit hours of Germanic Studies course credit at the 300–499 level. These courses may be entirely in English, or may also include any course or courses taught in German, Dutch, Norwegian, or Yiddish.
- GPA and Hours Requirements.
- At least 9 credit hours in the minor must be completed in courses taken through the Indiana University Bloomington campus or an IU-administered or IU co-sponsored Overseas Study program.
- At least 9 credit hours in the minor must be completed at the 300–499 level.
- Except for the GPA requirement, a grade of C- or higher is required for a course to count toward a requirement in the minor.
- A GPA of at least 2.000 for all courses taken in the minor—including those where a grade lower than C- is earned—is required.
- Exceptions to minor requirements may be made with the approval of the department's Director of Undergraduate Studies, subject to final approval by the College of Arts and Sciences.