Certificate in Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Remote Sensing (GISRSACRT)Department of Geography
The certificate requires at least 24 credit hours, including the requirements listed below.
- Environmental Remote Sensing. One (1) course:
- Geographic Information Science. One (1) course:
- Advanced course. One (1) course:
- Electives. 15 additional credit hours, selected from the Electives list.
- SPEA-E 418 Vector-based Gis
- SPEA-E 419 Applied Remote Sensing of the Environment
- SPEA-V 465 Geographic Information Systems for Public and Environmental Affairs
- GPA and Hours Requirements.
- At least 9 credit hours in the certificate must be completed in courses taken through the Indiana University Bloomington campus or an IU-administered or IU co-sponsored Overseas Study program.
- At least 9 credit hours in the certificate must be completed at the 300–499 level.
- Except for the GPA requirement, a grade of C- or higher is required for a course to count toward a requirement in the certificate.
- A GPA of at least 2.000 for all courses taken in the certificate—including those where a grade lower than C- is earned—is required.
- Exceptions to certificate requirements may be made with the approval of the department's Director of Undergraduate Studies, subject to final approval by the College of Arts and Sciences.