Skip to main content

Change of Degree or Major within the College

Policy statement

Students currently pursuing a degree in the College of Arts and Sciences who wish to declare a new degree or major must have a minimum grade point average of at least 2.000 in the intended major. To change their major students must contact the academic advisor in the department in which they wish to become a major. The advisor will submit a Major Change Request to the College Recorder's Office for processing.

  • 2024-05-01: Policy was repealed and no longer applies to any student.
  • 2018-05-01: Edited policy text for clarification about which GPA is used and to whom the policy applies; title of policy changed for clarity.

About this policy

Policy ID:

Degree Requirements and Graduation

Version Date: