Each Fall and Spring semester, students who meet specific criteria and earn a high semester GPA are recognized by being placed on the Executive Dean's List.
To be eligible for the Executive Dean’s List, the student for the semester under review must:
- Have been pursuing an undergraduate degree in the College of Arts and Sciences as of the end of the last day of classes.
- Have completed at least 12 credit hours in courses that are designated by the College as eligible to count toward a degree and are assigned a regular (A-F) letter grade. Enrollments where the recorded grade is Incomplete (I), Deferred (R), Pass (P), Satisfactory (S), or any other grade that does not carry a GPA value are not included in this determination.
- Have earned a semester GPA of 3.700 or higher.
- Not have been placed on any form of academic probation.
Only courses completed through the Indiana University Bloomington campus will be considered when evaluating students for inclusion on the Executive Dean’s List.
Students must qualify for the Executive Dean’s List at the time the College completes its review of students for this purpose, which is approximately six to eight weeks following the end of the semester under review. Students who become eligible after this review takes place will not be retroactively added to the Executive Dean’s List.
Except in the circumstances listed below, students who are placed on the Executive Dean’s List will have their Preferred Name as maintained by the Office of the Registrar published on the College of Arts and Sciences website and a notation added to their transcript. (When a student has not indicated a Preferred Name with the Office of the Registrar, the Primary Name will be used.) Exceptions:
- Students who, prior to the publication date, submit a non-disclosure request for their name through the Office of the Registrar will not have their name appear on the website.
- Students who, prior to the publication date, submit a written request to the Office of Undergraduate Curriculum, Policy, and Records to withhold their name from the public version of the list will not have their name appear on the website.
- Students who are pursuing an undergraduate degree in another school in addition to a degree in the College can have only one Dean’s List notation for a given semester. In cases where another unit has already added a notation to the transcript, the College’s notation will not be added.
- 2023-05-01: Clarified general timeline and that students on academic probation cannot be placed on the Executive Dean's list.
- 2018-05-01: Revised policy language for clarity.
About this policy
Academic Opportunities and Distinctions