- Transition to Teaching. Students must apply and earn admittance to the School of Education's Secondary Transition to Teaching and the Master of Science in Education programs during the fall semester of their senior year. After they have completed a minimum of 90 credit hours in the College of Arts and Sciences and satisfied the College's CASE requirements as well as those for the major component of the B.S. in Earth Science, students may apply up to 30 credit hours earned in the School of Education as College electives.
- Student Teaching. The requirements for the B.S. in Earth Science must be completed before student teaching begins in the final spring semester of the five-year program.
- Program GPA, Hours, and Minimum Grade Requirements.
- Major GPA. A GPA of at least 2.000 for all courses taken in the major—including those where a grade lower than C- is earned—is required.
- Major Minimum Grade. Except for the GPA requirement, a grade of C- or higher is required for a course to count toward a requirement in the major.
- Major Upper Division Credit Hours. At least 18 credit hours in the major must be completed at the 300–499 level.
- Major Residency. At least 18 credit hours in the major must be completed in courses taken through the Indiana University Bloomington campus or an IU-administered or IU co-sponsored Overseas Study program.
This program of study cannot be combined with the following:
- Bachelor of Arts in Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (EASBA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Geological Sciences (GEOLBA)
- Bachelor of Science in Atmospheric Science (ATSCIBS)
- Bachelor of Science in Earth Science (EASCIBS)
- Bachelor of Science in Geological Sciences (GEOLBS)
- Certificate in Atmospheric Science (ATMSCIACRT)
- Minor in Earth and Atmospheric Sciences (EASMIN)
- Minor in Geological Sciences (GEOLMIN)
- [Discontinued credential name unavailable] (GEOLSASCON)
- [Discontinued credential name unavailable] (ENGEOSCBS)
- [Discontinued credential name unavailable] (ATSCIMIN)
Exceptions to and substitutions for program requirements may be made with the approval of the unit's Director of Undergraduate Studies, subject to final approval by the College of Arts and Sciences.