- Independent Research. At least six (6) credit hours over at least two (2) semesters:
- BIOL-X 490
- Senior Thesis. Successfully complete and publicly defend a thesis based on original research.
- GPA, Hours, and Minimum Grade Requirements.
- Students must have a College GPA of 3.300 or higher to qualify for admission to a Departmental Honors program and to receive Departmental Honors. Units may set a higher College GPA.
- Units establish additional criteria, including admissions procedures, academic performance standards, and whether there are required courses, papers, or projects.
- Students who wish to earn honors in two different units must complete a distinct body of work for each honors notation.
Exceptions to and substitutions for honors requirements may be made with the approval of the unit's Director of Undergraduate Studies, subject to final approval by the College of Arts and Sciences.