Minor in Geography (GEOGMIN)Department of Geography
The minor requires at least 15 credit hours, including the requirements listed below.
- Introductory course. One (1) course:
- Geographic Methodology. One (1) course:
- Electives. Additional credit hours in Geography as needed to fulfill remaining requirements, including at least nine (9) credit hours at the 300–499 level.
- GPA and Hours Requirements.
- At least 9 credit hours in the minor must be completed in courses taken through the Indiana University Bloomington campus or an IU-administered or IU co-sponsored Overseas Study program.
- At least 9 credit hours in the minor must be completed at the 300–499 level.
- Except for the GPA requirement, a grade of C- or higher is required for a course to count toward a requirement in the minor.
- A GPA of at least 2.000 for all courses taken in the minor—including those where a grade lower than C- is earned—is required.
- Exceptions to minor requirements may be made with the approval of the department's Director of Undergraduate Studies, subject to final approval by the College of Arts and Sciences.