Specialization in Editing and Post Production (Bachelor of Arts in Media) (MDAS08)The Media School
The specialization requires at least 9 credit hours, including the requirements listed below.
- Foundations. Two (2) courses from the .
- P: A grade of C- or higher in MSCH-C 223 or TEL-T 206; and in MSCH-C 228 or TEL-T 283; and consent of instructor. Lab fee required. Intermediate, hands-on production course that covers acquisition and post-production, including composition, continuity, sound, lighting and digital editing. Provides practical experience in the planning, shooting, and editing of video programs using both Avid and Final Cut Pro software. Credit given for only one of MSCH-P 351 or TEL-T 351. (3 credit hours.)
- P: A grade of C- or higher in MSCH-C 223 or TEL-T 206; and in one of MSCH-C 228, MSCH-G 320, TEL-T 283, or TEL-T 284; and consent of instructor. Lab fee required. Intermediate, hands-on production course that teaches the technical skills and creative principles needed to create television graphics. Students will critique and design both still and animated imagery and build effective program graphics using Adobe Photoshop and related software. Credit given for only one of MSCH-P 354 or TEL-T 354. (3 credit hours.)
- (approved topics only; see academic advisor) P: A grade of C- or higher in MSCH-C 223 or TEL-T 206; or consent of instructor. Exploration of design or production problems and issues in telecommunications. Topics vary. May be repeated with different topics in MSCH-P 452 and TEL-T 452. (1–3 credit hours.)
- Elective. One (1) course from the .
- Additional course from the list above
- Three (3) credit hours from the following:
- P: Junior or senior standing; at least 12 semester credit hours completed in the school; advanced arrangement with academic advisor. Faculty-supervised work in a media field related to student's academic interests. Credits based on at least 45 work hours per credit hour with a maximum of 6 credit hours applied toward the B.A. in Media or the B.S. in Game Design. Student must write a critical analysis paper and be evaluated by a workplace supervisor. May be repeated for a maximum of 6 credit hours in CMCL-C 382, MSCH-I 382, MSCH-I 497, MSCH-X 472, or TEL-T 497. (1–3 credit hours.)
- P: Completion of an application for internship credit (available on the school website) and school approval. Students secure an internship and enroll for one, two or three credit hours, based on at least 120 work hours per credit hour with a maximum of three credit hours applied toward the B.A.J. Student must write a critical analysis paper and be evaluated by a workplace supervisor. May be repeated for a maximum of 3 credit hours in JOUR-J 492, MSCH-I 492, and MSCH-X 474. S/F grading. (1–3 credit hours.)
- GPA, Minimum Grade, and Other Requirements. Each of the following:
- Except for the GPA requirement, a grade of C- or higher is required for a course to count toward a requirement in the specialization.
- A GPA of at least 2.000 for all courses taken in the specialization—including those where a grade lower than C- is earned—is required.
- Exceptions to specialization requirements may be made with the approval of the department's Director of Undergraduate Studies, subject to final approval by the College of Arts and Sciences.