Specialization in New Media Marketing (Bachelor of Arts in Media) (MDAS26)The Media School
The specialization requires at least 9 credit hours, including the requirements listed below.
- New Media Marketing. Three (3) courses from the following:
- MSCH-A 337
- (approved topic: "Marketing and Social Networks") P: Senior standing; and consent of instructor. Study of problems and issues in rhetoric and communication. May be repeated with a different topic for a maximum of 6 credit hours in CMCL-C 401 and MSCH-V 401. (3 credit hours.)
- P: CMCL-C 190 or MSCH-C 101. Students synthesize previous coursework in media, culminating in a substantive project that directs their learning to some particular problem of mediation, publics, or cultures. Final project may include research essays, short films, Web sites, or public presentations or performances. Specific topics vary. With consent of the Director of Undergraduate Studies, may be repeated with a different topic for a maximum of 6 credit hours in CMCL-C 490 and MSCH-V 490. (3 credit hours.)
- GPA, Minimum Grade, and Other Requirements. Each of the following:
- Except for the GPA requirement, a grade of C- or higher is required for a course to count toward a requirement in the specialization.
- A GPA of at least 2.000 for all courses taken in the specialization—including those where a grade lower than C- is earned—is required.
- Exceptions to specialization requirements may be made with the approval of the department's Director of Undergraduate Studies, subject to final approval by the College of Arts and Sciences.