Department of Slavic and East European Languages and Cultures
Minor in Slavic and East European Languages and Cultures
Students on Summer 2018, Fall 2018, or Spring 2019 requirements SLAVMIN
The Minor in Slavic and East European Languages and Cultures allows students to focus on one language and/or culture by taking courses solely in that area; to focus on one aspect (language, film, literature, culture) across our regions; or to explore the many departmental languages and cultures by mixing and matching regions and fields.
The minor requires at least 15 credit hours, including the requirements listed below.
- Complete five (5) courses in Slavic and East European Languages and Cultures at the 200–499 level, excluding SLAV-R 491 and SLAV-R 492.
- GPA and Hours Requirements.
- At least 9 credit hours in the minor must be completed in courses taken through the Indiana University Bloomington campus or an IU-administered or IU co-sponsored Overseas Study program.
- At least 9 credit hours in the minor must be completed at the 300–499 level.
- Except for the GPA requirement, a grade of C- or higher is required for a course to count toward a requirement in the minor.
- A GPA of at least 2.000 for all courses taken in the minor—including those where a grade lower than C- is earned—is required.
- Exceptions to minor requirements may be made with the approval of the department's Director of Undergraduate Studies, subject to final approval by the College of Arts and Sciences.