- Honors Research in Geology. Three (3) credit hours:
- EAS-E 499 Honors Research in Geology
- 1–6 credit hours
- Approval of departmental honors advisor
- May be repeated for a maximum of 6 credit hours in EAS-E 499 and GEOL-G 499.
- Honors Thesis. Successfully complete and defend an honors thesis based on independent research.
- College GPA. A College grade point average (GPA) of at least 3.300 is required.
Exceptions to and substitutions for honors requirements may be made with the approval of the unit's Director of Undergraduate Studies, subject to final approval by the College of Arts and Sciences.
Outstanding students who maintain a minimum grade point average of 3.300 are encouraged to participate in the honors program. Admission is gained through consultation with the departmental honors advisor, usually no later than the beginning of the junior year.