Students are dismissed from the College of Arts and Sciences when in the judgment of the Academic Retention Committee they have ceased to make adequate progress toward their degree. Students are automatically dismissed when they:
- have been on academic probation during any previous semester; and
- have a grade point average for the current semester below 2.000 (C); and
- have a cumulative College grade point average below 2.000.
Whether or not students have been placed on probation before the Academic Retention Committee may dismiss students if their record reveals any of the following:
- failing or near-failing performance in any semester;
- failure to make adequate progress toward completion of major requirements;
- failure to make any progress toward completion of degree requirements in any semester;
- a cumulative grade point average below 2.000 (C).
- 2018-05-01: No changes from previous version
About this policy